It’s almost Halloween, so here are 10 tips for a great Halloween costume. This is a blog about finding the perfect Halloween costume and tips for success.
First, you’ll want to pick out a theme. Costumes based on movies or TV shows are usually big winners, but classic themes like vampires, werewolves, mummies, ghosts, witches and pirates are always popular as well.
Next, consider the setting of your party or event. If you’re in the office all day or at school until 3pm, you won’t have time to change into your costume before you head out. So keeping it simple is key. Also consider whether your costume will be comfortable sitting at a desk all day if that’s what you have to do in it.
If you’re planning on attending an after-work event and then heading out to party with friends afterwards, think about bringing a change of clothes with you so that you can go from tame to wild in the blink of an eye!
It’s also helpful to think about who will be there with you – if you’re taking your kids trick-or-treating, they may not appreciate if mommy or daddy shows up looking too scary.
Halloween is just around the corner and it’s about time to start thinking about finding a perfect costume for yourself. This year, be the queen of the party with these ten tips for a great Halloween costume.
A great Halloween costume can be simple or complicated, expensive or cheap. It all depends on your taste and budget. Here are some tips to help you find the perfect costume.
Try to think of something that no one else will have. If you’re going to wear a simple mask, make sure it’s not going to be popular this year. You wouldn’t want someone else to show up at the party with the same mask you have!
Be creative with what you already own! Do you want to be a firefighter? A police officer? A doctor? Look in your closet first and see what you can find!
If you must buy something, try looking online or at thrift stores before buying your costume at a big chain store. You never know what kind of treasures you’ll find!
Don’t forget accessories! A good accessory can really help make a great costume even better.
Don’t forget makeup! If you’re not very good at applying makeup, ask a friend who is good at makeup artistry if they’d like to help out
1. Make a plan before you shop or make your costume.
2. Come up with a budget and stick to it.
3. Decide if you want to make your costume, purchase it, or rent it.
4. Decide how you want to get the costume, online or in a store.
5. Go during the day, when kids are in school and costumes are less picked over, and more available to try on, especially if you are going in person to a store.
6. Shop early – at least 2 weeks before Halloween is ideal – so you have time to find what you need and make any adjustments that might be necessary if something doesn’t fit or work right when you put your costume together.
7. Be creative – don’t feel like there aren’t any good costumes that fit your personality? Make one! You can wear whatever you can imagine! Be creative!
8. Have fun with your costume! Smile, laugh and enjoy! You’re making memories that will last a lifetime!! 😉
9. Take photos of yourself in your costume so that you’ll always remember this great memory!
10. Have Fun!! 🙂
This Halloween, don’t dress like everyone else. Make a costume that will make you stand out in the crowd and be an instant classic. Follow these steps to become a Halloween legend.
1.Choose your character
2.Find your materials
3.Make a plan
4.Put it together
5.Try it on before Halloween
6.Make your final adjustments
7.Take pictures of yourself in your costume
8.Post the pictures online (Facebook, Pinterest, etc.)
9.Show up on Halloween and enjoy yourself!
10.Donate your costume to charity after you’re done with it
First and foremost, you have to decide what you want to be. This can be very simple or a little more complicated. The most important thing is that this is a representation of yourself and your personality. This year I decided on Spiderman. Yes, the web slinging superhero himself.
Second, you need the right costume. You can go all out or keep it simple. If you are going for the full effect like I did, then get the whole outfit complete with mask and gloves for that authentic look. If you want to be a more feminine version of Spiderman (yes we do exist), well then just get a Spidey shirt, boots and some tights to complete the ensemble. It’s up to you how much you want to spend and how authentic you want your costume to look.
Third, add some accessories – like super powers! In my case, I made webs out of some cotton balls and put them in a jar for everyone to see at the party. You can also use your real life powers such as being able to play guitar or knowing how to do magic tricks. These are things that make your costume stand out from the crowd while reflecting who you are as a person.
Fourth, makeup is another great way to personalize your
1. We selected Spiderman as the theme for our Halloween costumes this year. It is a fun choice that can be made into many looks, from the traditional red and blue spandex to a more quirky outfit that matches Spiderman’s own sense of humor.
2. My kids are 6 and 8, and my husband and I decided to join in the festivities by dressing up as well, so we started the search for the perfect Halloween costumes for our family.
3. Given that there are not many options available for women who want to dress up as Spider-Woman (no thanks), I went with the next best thing: Spider-Girl.
4. My daughter’s costume was easy because she wanted to be Peter Parker (Spiderman’s secret identity) in his school clothes, which are basically just a sweater and jeans with sneakers.
5. So here’s how we made our costumes: For me, I needed to make a spider web face mask out of white felt, cut it into strips (I used hot glue on the ends), then attached them to my black ski mask using more hot glue.
6. My husband had two options: He could either wear his Spiderman Underoos or buy a full suit online at Target or Walmart for around
The Halloween season is upon us and that time of year where you can dress up in your favorite character, monster, or just wear a blanket around your head. This can be a very exciting time of year for the whole family – even the pets get in on the action!
It is also important to remember that this is a special time for kids. There are some great articles out there about making Halloween safe for children and adults alike.
However, I wanted to focus on one of my favorite parts of Halloween; the costumes!
I know it may seem silly but I love coming up with new looks for my favorite characters. This passion was fueled by many years of comic book reading and movie watching. It became clear to me early on that I wanted to be Spider-Man when I grew up. I know, I know…but hey, who doesn’t want super powers?!
As an adult, I have found myself looking for new ways to express my love of all things nerd culture; enter cosplay! Cosplay is short for costume play meaning you are dressing up as a character from your favorite movie, cartoon, or comic book.
A great example would be if you were to dress up as Batman from the Christopher Nolan movies. You would want to get