5 No-Sew Costume Ideas for Lara Croft
There is no reason to let a lack of sewing skills get in the way of your Halloween costume. Here are 5 easy and fun ideas for dressing up as Lara Croft from Tomb Raider.
Lara Croft, the protagonist of the Tomb Raider series, is a fictional character and one of the most popular video game heroines in history. She is also one of the most cosplayed characters, which means she is often dressed up as at events like Comic Con or Halloween parties.
At first glance, Lara’s outfit seems complicated with all its straps and pouches and belts, but there are actually plenty of options that require no sewing whatsoever!
1. Adventure Look (Easy)
This look is easy to put together because it requires just a few items you probably already own: cargo pants/shorts, a tank top/t-shirt, a belt with a large buckle, boots and gloves. Don’t forget to carry a backpack! It can be filled with water bottles for your adventure. If you want to add some accessories, you can carry small weapons like a knife or a gun (made out of cardboard), or bring along some rope to climb cliffs with.
We were so excited to see the release of Tomb Raider last month. It is such a fun movie and we are thrilled to see that Lara Croft is back in action! In honor of being such a strong female character, we have decided to dress up as her for Halloween this year. We wanted to share 5 easy DIY costumes for Lara Croft with you. These are all pretty easy to make, no-sew costumes that anyone can make.
You can watch our Youtube video on these costumes here: 5 No-Sew Costume Ideas for Lara Croft
We also have a list of all the materials we used in this post below the video if you want to see it there as well.
1) Green Shirt, Black Pants, Belt and Gun Holster
2) White Tank Top, Black Pants and Belt
3) White Tank Top and Black Yoga Pants
4) White Tank Top and Cargo Shorts
5) White Crop Top and Cargo Pants with Knee Pads
For those of you without a sewing machine, we’ve got 5 no-sew costume ideas for Lara Croft.
1. Run to your local thrift store and pick up a pair of cargo pants, a white tank top and a black sports bra. Add some boots and fingerless gloves, and you’ve got a quick and easy Lara costume.
2. For the no-sew version of the popular Tomb Raider tank top costume, just cut off the sleeves of an old t-shirt and add some fabric paint to make yourself a pair of yoga pants.
3. Put together a blue tank top with some sweatpants or shorts and you can become the character from Tomb Raider: Legend.
4. For an easy Lara Croft party outfit, try this blue plaid shirt with khaki capris and brown boots.
5. If you want to go as Lara Croft for Halloween, all you need is a tank top, cargo pants, boots and a toy gun.
For the last few years, Halloween costumes have felt a little predictable: you‘re either going as a sexy animal or sexy something-else. But this year, there are two costumes that we feel are rising above the rest: Daenerys Targaryen and Lara Croft. The first is obvious: Khaleesi is everywhere, even if you’re not watching Game of Thrones. And the second? Well, her popularity can be traced to just one thing—the amazing new Tomb Raider game.
But what makes these ladies so appealing to dress up as is that they’re both pretty easy looks to put together without spending a ton of money or resorting to a generic sexy costume. Here are five no-sew options for dressing up as both heroines.
5 Lara Croft Costume Ideas That Need No Sewing Skills
Lara Croft Costume Ideas: Tomb Raider
Whether you’re a fan of the original games or the newer movies, this Lara Croft costume is both iconic and easy to put together. Just grab a tank top, cargo pants and boots, and you’re halfway there! Add a few accessories to give it that extra tomb raider feel.
What you need:
-Tank top (brown or black)
-Cargo pants (any color)
-Belt with large buckle (brown or black)
-Boots (brown or black)
-Pair of fingerless gloves (black)
-Prop gun (optional)
You can go all in with this costume by carrying around a fake pistol, which you can easily find at any costume shop. If you want to be true to the game, however, consider going for a prop bow and arrow instead!
Lara Croft is one of my favorite female video game characters. She’s smart, strong and not afraid to take a risk. At the same time, she’s a little bit vulnerable in a very approachable way. She has a badass attitude, but also wants to do what’s right. Lara Croft is tough, but with an easy-going side!
Lara Croft’s signature look is her tan tank top and cargo pants, which are easy to recreate with simple items you probably already have in your closet. The only thing you’ll need to buy are some accessories! Below I’ve put together five different Lara Croft outfits that require no sewing or painting and can be put together with things you already own.
Lara Croft is the female protagonist of a video game that went on to become a movie. The character embodies the ultra-cool, strong and sexy woman. She is athletic and has a very interesting background. If you are planning a Lara Croft costume for Halloween, you will have lots of fun. Here are 5 ideas for making one:
1. Find a pair of khaki shorts. These should be at least 2 inches above the knee in length. You can find them at an Army surplus store or a store that sells outdoor outfits.
2. Find a white short-sleeve shirt (also called a “wifebeater”) and wear it under the khaki vest. The wifebeater will be visible at the neckline and at the sleeves of the vest, which should be cut off about 1/4 inch below your armpit so that you have full range of motion in your arms without showing off any skin from under the vest.
3. Get some fingerless brown leather gloves with Velcro® closures around each wrist and wear them over your white wifebeater shirt. You can find these at any sporting goods store or online (you can also buy them from this website).