How To Make A Nun Costume
A blog explaining how to get the nun look.
The Nun Costume
Nuns are a mysterious bunch, and their clothing has been an inspiration to many over the years, including myself. Here’s how to get the look using everyday items you can find around your home.
Step One: Get A Blue Plastic Bag
First things first, you need a blue plastic bag. You can pick these up from most supermarkets, and trust me when I say this is going to be the most important part of your costume, so don’t skimp on quality. Preferably use one of those reusable trolley bags that have four wheels on the bottom. If you don’t have any of these lying around, just grab a few bags from the local store and tie them together with some string or sticky tape. TIP: Don’t wear anything underneath the bag; it will restrict movement and not look as authentic.
Step Two: The Headpiece
This is very important as well as being surprisingly simple to achieve. All you need is a black pair of tights (or stockings if you prefer) and some cotton wool balls (the ones that come in a bag should be fine). First you
How To Make A Nun Costume
Nuns are a costume classic, and this is a great option if you’re looking for a last minute costume or something on the cheap. Get the nun look by pulling together the right wardrobe items, makeup and accessories.
Nun Costumes: A list of outfits that you can buy online.
Nun Halloween Costume Ideas: How to Make a Nun Costume
Here is how to make a nun costume for Halloween. The nun costume has been a classic Halloween costume for decades and it’s easy to see why: it’s easy to put together, and there’s no mistaking the character you’re trying to portray. If you’re going for a sexy look, on the other hand, you’ll have to be more creative… but not too creative.
While this guide is geared towards putting together a nun costume for an adult, most of these tips work just fine for kids as well. Just scale down the size of the clothing and accessories!
How To Get The Nun Look: Clothing
How do you get the nun look? Well, first off, you need a habit. You can purchase one or make one pretty easily. If you want to buy one, check out our selection of priest and nun costumes. You can also get one at your local party store or online at Amazon.com.
If you’re on a tight budget or just want to be more creative with your nun costume, you can use clothing that you probably already own (like an old white button-down shirt) and items that are relatively inexpensive (a black scarf).
Adult Nun Costume
Halloween is fast approaching, and we all know what that means: time for costumes! Last year I went as a nun. I got the idea from the movie SISTER ACT. The nun look is really easy to do. You can make it at home with no money by using things you have around the house.
Here are the steps:
1. Get a long dress (I used a nightgown)
2. Find a piece of cloth to use as a belt (I used an old sheet)
3. Cut two holes in the sheet and put it on over your head so that the sheet covers your hair and goes down to your shoulders like this:
4. Put on the dress (make sure it’s not too short!)
5. Find something to use as a rosary (I used my mom’s necklace)
6. Add a cross (I used paper and tape)
7. Draw wrinkles on your forehead with eyeliner or mascara
8. Put on some lipstick
9. Put on some old shoes or boots you don’t care about (nuns don’t wear high heels!).
Voila! You are done! You look just like a nun! Everyone will see that you made a wonderful costume without
Nuns are mysterious creatures. They wear habits and seem to be always on a mission from God. Nuns are always obedient and they walk around in silence. Most nuns are also pretty good at dishing out punishment if you do something wrong. You can tell a nun by the way she carries herself and the long black habit she wears with that white wimple around her head.
If you have decided to dress as a nun this Halloween, here’s how to create your own nun costume:
First, put on the habit! The habit is what everyone thinks of when they think of a nun. You find these at most costume stores or you can make your own by dying some white fabric black and cutting it into the shape of a robe. It should be floor length and have long sleeves that gather just above your wrists. There is usually a rope-like belt that goes around the waist as well.
Next, you need to make sure your head is covered. If you can find one, get yourself a wimple! A wimple is a piece of material that wraps around your head, covering up all your hair like a hoodie would normally cover up your head. You can buy one of these at any costume store or make one yourself if you
Nuns are classic Halloween costumes that are always popular. Most people know what a nun looks like, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time explaining who or what you are. Nuns’ clothing is very recognizable and is pretty easy to replicate. If you want to dress as a nun for Halloween, all you need is a black skirt, a white shirt, and some basic accessories.
Part 1 Dressing as a Nun
1. Find a long black skirt. You can buy one at any costume shop or department store around Halloween. If you’re not in the mood to go shopping, use an old skirt from your closet.
2. Put on a white button-down shirt with sleeves that reach about halfway down your arm. You can wear any style of shirt as long as it’s plain white.
3. Put on a belt made of rope or cloth. It doesn’t matter how long the rope is as long as it wraps around your waist twice and still allows the ends to hang freely down your leg on both sides of your body. The belt should be tied in a bow in the back at the small of your back. You can buy these belts at most costume shops or make one yourself by tying rope into a nice bow shape.[1
Nuns are members of religious orders who take vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience to God and their superiors in the order. They devote their lives to prayer, community service, and education. Nuns are often found in convents or abbeys. Many nuns wear habits as part of their religious uniform. You can make your own nun costume at home for Halloween or a theatrical performance with a few simple supplies and items you may already have on hand.
Things You’ll Need:**